Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions are the contract between you and www.TayJobs.net (“us”, “we”, etc). By visiting or using Our Website, or signing up for our Services, you agree to be bound by them.
This single agreement applies whether you are a job seeker or a job provider / employer.
Under 16 years? you may not use the www.TayJobs.net services.
Under 18 years? Please use the www.TayJobs.net website under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult.
These terms are the contract between us. If you do not agree with any part, you should leave Our Website and stop using the site or the services immediately.
This is one document, one contract. The mention in headings of applicability to employers or job seekers is only for your better understanding.
These are the agreed terms
Employers: Job Postings: prohibited jobs
You may not post a Job which:
- offends against the law of Scotland, England and the The United Kingdom
Discriminates against people as stated in The Equality Act 2010, based on their:
- philosophical or religious beliefs;
- membership of a trade union;
- physical or mental health;
- sex life or gender;
- commission of criminal offences or proceedings;
- does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws.
- you acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk.
- is located in a country subject to economic sanctions by the United Kingdom;
- advertises, promotes or links to any competitor of ours;
- in the Posting, advertises or sells any product or service;
- entails involvement by an applicant in any franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership", distributorship, multi-level marketing opportunity, or sales representative agency arrangement;
- requires an upfront or periodic payment or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- seeks employees for jobs of a sexual nature;
- endorses a particular political party, political agenda, political position or issue;
- promotes a particular religion;
except where allowed by law, Post Jobs which require the applicant to provide information relating to his/her:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political beliefs;
- philosophical or religious beliefs;
- membership of a trade union;
- physical or mental health;
- sex life or gender;
- commission of criminal offences or proceedings;
Employers: Job Posting: restricted content
In connection with the restrictions set out below, we may refuse or edit or remove a Job Posting which does not comply with these terms.
In addition to the restrictions set out above, a Job Posting must not contain:
- keywords or words repeated, which are irrelevant to the Job Posted.
- the name, logo or trademark of any organisation other than that of you or your client.
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information;
- material or links to material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 16 years old.
Employers: access to CVs and other data
You agree that if you access Our Data, you will:
- do so only in accordance with the privacy and data protection laws in your country, and, if different, those of the country for which you are recruiting;
- use Our Data only in connection with the employment of some person;
- take all appropriate steps to protect Our Data;
and you will not:
- disclose any of Our Data to any third party, unless you are an authorised recruitment agency, staffing agency, advertising or other agency recognised by us;
- share access to Our Data or make it available in any way to any other person;
- use Our Data for any purpose other than as an employer seeking employees;
- make unsolicited contact with any CV owner except through Our Website and in accordance with the procedures we promote;
- In order to ensure a safe and effective experience for all of our customers, we reserve the right to limit the amount of data (including CV views) that may be accessed by you in any given time period.
Job seekers: terms applicable
- You understand and agree that you alone are responsible for all of the information you submit to us and for maintaining it up to date.
- If you deal with an employer in a way which assists the employer to avoid liability for payment to us, you agree to be responsible for making that payment to us.
- If or when you cancel your account, we may delete all your personal information and documents relating to you. We may also delete your information if you have not taken any active step for a period of at least 12 months.
- We are not obliged to delete your personal information immediately. We are not liable for any action of a third party in their use of your information.
"Content"means the textual, visual or aural content that is encountered as part of your experience on Our Website. It may include, among other things: text, images, sounds, videos and animations. It includes content Posted by you. It does not include content that is solicited by us either for maintenance of customer records or with a view to submission to third parties in the course of our business.
"Contribution"means Content Posted by you.
"CV"means curriculum vitae, a summary of your personal information and history relevant to a prospective employer. It is also referred to by many people as a resume or profile.
"Intellectual Property"means intellectual property owned by us, of every sort, whether or not registered or registrable in any country, including property of kinds coming into existence after today; and including, among others, patents, trademarks, unregistered marks, designs, copyrights, software, domain names, discoveries, compilations, creations and inventions, together with all rights which are derived from those rights.
"Job Posting"means Content Posted by an employer in the style regulated by Our Website, to advertise for a prospective employee. As a verb it also refers to the action of placing such Content.
"Our Data"means data which is made available to you on Our Website, even if not owned by us (example: CV data of job applicants).
"Our Website"means any website or service designed for electronic access by mobile or fixed devices which is owned or operated by us or any member of the www.TayJobs.net group of companies. It includes all of the hardware and software installations that enable our website to function.
"Post"means place on or into Our Website any Content or material of any sort by any means
"Services"means all of the services available from Our Website, whether free or charged.
In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- a reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is managed or controlled as a unit.
- a reference to a person includes reference to that person’s successors, legal representatives, permitted assigns and any person to whom rights and obligations are transferred or pass as a result of a merger, division, reconstruction or other re-organisation involving that person.
- in the context of permission, “may not” in connection with an action of yours, means “must not”.
- the headings to the paragraphs and schedules (if any) to this agreement are inserted for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation.
- any agreement by any party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing.
- The words “without limitation” shall be deemed to follow any use of the words “include” or “including” herein.
- this agreement is made only in the English language. If there is any conflict in meaning between the English language version of this agreement and any version or translation of this agreement in any other language, the English language version shall prevail.
Basis of Contract
- Our Website is a market place for job seekers to meet prospective employers.
- We do not offer the Services in all countries. We may refuse membership if you live in a country we do not serve.
- Use of Our Website may be unlawful in some countries by some people. You are responsible for your compliance with the laws of your country.
- In entering into this contract you have not relied on any representation or information from any source except the definition and explanation of the Services given on Our Website.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, we agree to provide to you some or all of the Services and products described on Our Website at the prices we charge from time to time.
- Subject to all the terms in this agreement, we authorise you to access and use Our Website and to download and print a small part of the Content. This licence is conditional not only on your compliance with all of the terms of this agreement, but also on your using the Content only as intended by us, for your use to obtain work or find an employee as the case may be.
- Some of our Services are now or may in future, be available to you only subject to additional terms. Those terms will be set out on Our Website. You now agree that if you choose to use any such service, the relevant terms will become part of this agreement.
- We are not a party to any transaction between employers and job seekers.
- Access by you to Our Data is limited in order to prevent mis-use of Our Website. If you require access to Our Data greater than we have allowed to you, please contact us.
- You acknowledge that you understand exactly what is included in the Services and you are satisfied that the Services are suitable and satisfactory for your requirements.
- So far as we allow use of our Intellectual Property, we grant a licence to you, limited to the terms set out in this agreement.
- The contract between us comes into existence when we receive payment from you for a Service.
- If we give you free access to a Service or feature on Our Website which is normally a charged feature, and that Service or feature is usually subject to additional contractual terms, you now agree that you will abide by those terms.
We may change this agreement and / or the way we provide the Services, at any time. If we do:
- The change will take effect when we Post it on Our Website.
- You agree to be bound by any changes. If you do not agree to be bound by them, you should not use Our Website or the Services.
- If you make any payment for Services or Goods in the future, you will do so under the terms Posted on Our Website at that time.
If you buy as a consumer
If you are a citizen of the European Union and you buy as a consumer as defined in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, then:
- if it was urgent that we should start to provide the Services immediately after we received your order, and we did start them, we are obliged to refund to you only the pro rate proportion of the cost that relates to the incomplete portion of the Services.
- you have no right to cancel a Service which has been delivered to you via the Internet.
- you have no right to return soft copy material contained in any medium unless it is apparent from the unbroken packaging that you have not accessed the contents.
- you are responsible for the costs of returning any software to us for a refund under this paragraph. We advise you to obtain proof of posting or delivery.
- in the event of cancellation of an order by you in compliance with these terms, we will refund any money due to you within 30 days.
- The prices payable for Services are clearly set out on Our Website.
- The price charged for any Services may differ from one country to another. You may not be entitled to the lowest price unless you reside in the qualifying country.
- Prices are inclusive of any applicable value added tax or other sales tax.
- When you subscribe for a subscription Service, that payment may not cover other Services, for which we will ask you to pay either by addition to your subscription or by a single payment.
- All monies paid by you to us are non-refundable and cancellation and/or termination of this agreement by you or us at any time for any reason will not entitle you to a refund of monies paid. No Refunds can be issued, regardless of how many applications have been received.
- At least [four] weeks before expiry of the period for which you have paid, we shall send you a message to your last known email address to tell you that you licence to use the Services is shortly to expire and to invite you to renew. An invoice for the new period will be included.
- At any time before expiry of your subscription, you may use the “My Account” tab on Our Website to access your personal information and or cancel renewal.
- At expiry of your www.TayJobs.net subscription we shall automatically take payment from your credit card of the sum specified on the invoice sent earlier and shall confirm the renewal of your www.TayJobs.net membership for a further period by sending you an email message.
Security of your credit card
- We take care to make our Website safe for you to use. Card payments are not processed on a page controlled by us. We use one or more online payment service providers who will encrypt your card or bank account details in a secure environment.
- If you have asked us to remember your credit card details in readiness for your next purchase or subscription, we will securely store your payment details on our systems. These details will be fully encrypted and only used to process your automatic monthly payments or other transactions which you have initiated.
How we handle your data
- If you Post Content to any public area of Our Website it becomes available to all the World. We have no control who sees it nor what anyone does with it.
- Even if access to your text is behind a user registration it remains effectively in the public domain because someone has only to register and log in, to access it. You should therefore avoid Posting unnecessary confidential information.
- We need the freedom to be able to publicise our Services and your own use of them. You therefore now irrevocably grant to us the right and licence to edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use any Content that you place on Our Website, throughout the World and in any medium. You represent and warrant that you are authorised to grant all such rights.
- We will use that licence only for commercial purposes of the business of Our Website and will stop using it after a commercially reasonable period of time.
- You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author and your right to object to derogatory treatment of your work as provided in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 s80.
- You now irrevocably authorise us to publish feedback, comments and ratings about your activity through Our Website, even though it may be defamatory or critical.
- Posting content of any sort does not change your ownership of the copyright in it. We have no claim over it and we will not protect your rights for you.
- You understand that you are personally responsible for your breach of someone else’s intellectual property rights, defamation, or any law, which may occur as a result of any Content having been Posted by you;
- You accept all risk and responsibility for determining whether any Content is in the public domain and not confidential.
- Please notify us of any security breach or unauthorised use of your account.
- We do not solicit ideas or text for improvement of our Service, but if you do send to us material of any sort, you are deemed to have granted to us a licence to use it in the terms set out at sub paragraph five above.
Restrictions on what you may Post to Our Website
We invite you to Post Content to Our Website in several ways and for different purposes. We have to regulate your use of Our Website to protect our business and our staff, to protect other users of Our Website and to comply with the law. These provisions apply to all users of Our Website.
We do not undertake to moderate or check every item Posted, but we do protect our business vigorously. If we believe Content Posted breaches the law, we shall co-operate fully with the law enforcement authorities in whatever ways we can.
You agree that you will not use or allow anyone else to use Our Website to Post Content or undertake any activity which is or may:
- be unlawful, or tend to incite another person to commit a crime;
- consist in commercial audio, video or music files;
- be obscene, offensive, threatening, violent, malicious or defamatory;
- be sexually explicit or pornographic;
- promote discrimination or animosity to any person on grounds of gender, race, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- be likely to harass, intimidate, bully, upset, embarrass, alarm, annoy any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity, age or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that it emanates from us or that you are connected with us or that we have endorsed you or your business;
- be made on behalf of some other person, or impersonate another person;
- use a Posting to solicit responses unconnected with the purpose of Our Website or the terms proposed by this agreement;
- request or collect passwords or other personal information from another user without his permission, nor Post any unnecessary personal information about yourself;
- be used to sell any goods or services or for any other commercial use not intended by us, for yourself or for any other person. Examples are: sending private messages with a commercial purpose, or collecting information with the intention of passing it to a third party for his commercial use;
- include anything other than words (i.e. you will not include any symbols or photographs) except for a photograph of yourself in your profile in such place as we designate;
- facilitate the provision of unauthorised copies of another person's copyright work;
- link to any of the material specified in this paragraph;
- promote or endorse illegal activities, or provide instructions or information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these terms. Examples are: making or buying illegal weapons, stalking; providing computer viruses or distributing pirated media);
- use distribution lists that include people who have not given specific permission to be included in such distribution process;
- consist in posting excessive or repeated off-topic messages to any forum or group;
- send age-inappropriate communications or Content to anyone under the age of 18.
Removal of offensive Content
- For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph is addressed to any person who comes on Our Website for any purpose.
- We are under no obligation to monitor or record the activity of any user of Our Website for any purpose, nor do we assume any responsibility to monitor or police Internet-related activities. However, we may do so without notice to you and without giving you a reason.
- In respect of any complaint made by you or any person on your behalf, whether using our form of complaint or not, you now irrevocably grant to us a licence to publish the complaint and all ensuing correspondence and communication, without limit.
Security of Our Website
We may, at our discretion or as part of a paid Service, give you permission to access Our Website for the purpose of Posting or uploading Content of some sort. We may read, assess, review or moderate any Content Posted on Our Website. If we do, we need not notify you or give you a reason.
If you violate Our Website or use it unlawfully or immorally, we will take the strongest action against you that we can. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Your action may also be unlawful in other countries, where you may accordingly be subject to extradition and criminal proceedings.
You now agree that you will not, and will not allow any other person to:
- modify, copy, or cause damage or unintended effect to any portion of Our Website, or any software used within it.
- link to our site in any way that would cause the appearance or presentation of the site to be different from what would be seen by a user who accessed the site by typing the URL into a standard browser;
- download any part of Our Website, without our express written consent;
- download any part of Our Website, without our express written consent;
- collect or use any product listings, descriptions, or prices;
- collect or use any information obtained from or about Our Website or the Content except as intended by this agreement;
- aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the Content or information available from Our Website, other than as permitted by this agreement or as is reasonably necessary for your use of the Services;
- for any purpose use our name, any proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of ours or of our affiliates in any way and in particular to entice search robots to some other website;
- use Our Website to hack into the computer of any other person or make contact with any other computer;
- make available or upload files that contain software or other material, data or information not owned or licensed to you, including pirated computer programs, pirated music or other media or links to any such files;
- make available, upload or distribute by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, corrupt data, “Trojan horses”, “worms” or any other harmful software;
- upload or republish any part of our Content on any Internet, intranet or extranet site.
- hide or remove the banner advertisements on any page of Our Website;
- share with a third party any login credentials to Our Website;
use on Our Website software which assists in:
- data mining, extraction or collection;
- emulating, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing or over-loading Our Website;
- “framing”, inserting pop-up windows, interstitial pages or advertisements, or similar techniques.
- performing any automated operation;
Despite the above terms, we now grant a licence to you to:
- create a hyperlink to Our Website for the purpose of promoting an interest common to both of us. You can do this without specific permission. This licence is conditional upon your not portraying us or any product or service in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of ours as part of the link without our express written consent
- you may copy the text of any page for your personal use in connection with the purpose of Our Website or a Service we provide.
Storage of data
- We may, from time to time, set a limit on the number of messages you may send, store, or receive through the Service. We may delete messages in excess of that limit. We shall give you notice of any change to your limit, except in an emergency.
- We assume no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store or deliver email or other messages.
- You accept that we cannot be liable to you for any such deletion or failure to deliver to you.
- We maintain reasonable procedures for general backup of data for our own purposes but we give no warranty that your data will be saved or backed up in any particular circumstances unless we have made specific contractual arrangements with you in writing.
Employers: general terms
- At law, we are not an employer of any person who advertises for work on Our Website.
- You accept that you are responsible for all uses of Our Website whether or not authorised by you.
- If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account, you will tell us immediately.
- Any Job Posting involving self employment or which is paid wholly or substantially by commission, must be expressed in plain language and include full information about the product or service offered for sale.
We may, in our sole discretion, remove any Job Posting which:
- does not comply with the terms of this agreement;
- is factually inaccurate or which misrepresents your business or organisation.
- If you or we terminate your employer account, all your account information may be deleted from our servers.
- You may terminate this agreement at any time, for any reason, with immediate effect. You may terminate the agreement either by sending notice to us by post or email, or by completing the form on the Web Site and submitting it. We reserve the right to check the validity of any request to terminate your account.
- We retain the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate any and all parts of the Services provided to you, without refunding to you any fees paid if we decide in our absolute discretion that you have failed to comply with any of the terms of this agreement.
Termination by either party shall have the following effects:
- your right to use the Services immediately ceases;
- we are under no obligation to forward any unread or unsent messages to you or any third party;
- In the event of such termination by us, we will within seven days refund to you the balance of your subscription outstanding for any Service, pro rata with time not elapsed;
- There shall be no re-imbursement or credit if the Service is terminated due to your violation of the terms of this agreement.
Interruption to Services
- If it is necessary for us to interrupt the Services, we will give you reasonable notice where this is possible and when we judge the down time is such as to justify telling you.
- You acknowledge that the Services may also be interrupted for many reasons beyond our control.
- You agree that we are not liable to you for any loss, foreseeable or not, arising from any interruption to the Services.
You agree that at all times you will:
- not do anything which does or might reduce the value of our Intellectual Property or challenge our ownership of it.
- notify us of any suspected infringement of the Intellectual Property;
so far as concerns software provided or made accessible by us to you, you will not:
- copy, or make any change to any part of its code;
- use it in any way not anticipated by this agreement;
- give access to it to any other person than you, the licensee in this agreement;
- in any way provide any information about it to any other person or generally.
- not use the Intellectual Property except directly in our interest.
Warnings and explanations
- You use Our Website at your own risk.
- We do not moderate or censor Job Postings or CVs or any other Content Posted by users of Our Website but if we decide to remove any Content, we do not have to give you the reason why we have done so.
- Our Website contains Content Posted by many people. By its very nature other people’s information may be offensive, harmful, incomplete or inaccurate.
- Access to and use of Our Website may be unlawful in some countries by some people.
- You cannot rely on a person being who he claims to be or that he is acting honestly. Beware of dealing with strangers and children. (People over the age of 16 are allowed to use Our Website, but that may not prevent younger children from coming onto Our Website and using it fraudulently).
- Our Website contains links to other Internet websites. We have neither power nor control over any such website. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable in any way for the content of any such linked website, nor for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such website or from your buying services or goods via such a website.
- Our Website may contain advertisements for goods, services or information. We do not investigate the value or use of any goods or services advertised nor the commercial integrity of any advertiser.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- The law differs from one country to another. This paragraph applies so far as the applicable law allows.
- All implied conditions, warranties and terms are excluded from this agreement. If in any jurisdiction an implied condition, warrant or term cannot be excluded, then this sub paragraph shall be deemed to be reduced in effect, only to the extent necessary to release that specific condition, warranty or term.
Our Website and our Services are provided “as is”. We make no representation or warranty that the Service will be:
- useful to you;
- of satisfactory quality;
- fit for a particular purpose;
- available or accessible, without interruption, or without error.
- We claim no expert knowledge in any subject. We disclaim any obligation or liability to you arising directly or indirectly from information you take from Our Website.
We make no representation or warranty and accept no responsibility in law for:
- accuracy of any Content or the impression or effect it gives;
- delivery of Content, material or any message;
- privacy of any transmission;
- third party advertisements which are posted on Our Website or through the Services;
- the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Our Website or the Services;
- failure or malfunction of computer hardware or software or technical equipment or system connected directly or indirectly to your use of the Services;
- loss or damage resulting from your attendance at an event organised through Our Website or the Services;
- 2any act or omission of any person or the identity of any person who introduces himself to you through Our Website;
- any aspect or characteristic of any goods or services advertised on Our Website;
- You agree that in any circumstances when we may become liable to you, the limit of our liability is the amount you have paid us in the immediately preceding 2 month period for the Services concerned.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury, our total liability under this agreement, however it arises, shall not exceed the sum of £ 500. This applies whether your case is based on contract, tort or any other basis in law.
- We shall not be liable to you for any loss or expense which is:
- This paragraph (and any other paragraph which excludes or restricts our liability) applies to our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies (who may enforce this clause under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, as well as to ourselves.
- If you become aware of any breach of any term of this agreement by any person, please tell us by email. We welcome your input but do not guarantee to agree with your judgement.
- Nothing in this agreement shall be construed as limiting or excluding our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
You indemnify us
You agree to indemnify us against all costs, claims and expense arising directly or indirectly from:
- your failure to comply with the law of any country;
- your breach of this agreement;
- any act, neglect or default by any agent, employee, licensee or customer of yours;
- a claim in contract or tort, arising from your use of the Services
- any content you place on your own website which causes loss to us;
- any Content you Post to Our Website;
- any data you send or upload to Our Website for storage or any other purpose;
- a breach of the intellectual property rights of any person;
- your failure to conform to any relevant Internet protocol;
- any action taken or omitted by any third party in relation to your Website;
- any use of your Website for a purpose forbidden by this agreement;
- and for the purpose of this paragraph you agree that the cost of our management and technical time is properly recoverable and can reasonably be valued at £ [100.00] per hour without further proof.
- Although this agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland & England, software downloaded from or via Our Website may also be subject to export control law of the United States of America or other jurisdictions. If you breach those laws you will have committed an offence in that or those countries. By downloading or using such software, you now represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country.
- You undertake to provide to us your current land address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers as often as they are changed together with all information that we may require to enable us to fulfill our obligations under this contract.
- The schedules, if any, to this agreement are part of the agreement and have the same force and effect
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- The rights and obligations of the parties set out in this agreement shall pass to any permitted successor in title.
If you are in breach of any term of this agreement, we may:
- publish all text and Content relating to the claimed breach, including your name and email address and all correspondence between us and our respective advisers; and you now irrevocably give your consent to such publication.
- terminate your account and refuse access to Our Website;
- remove or edit Content, or cancel any order at our discretion;
- issue a claim in any court.
- Any obligation in this agreement intended to continue to have effect after termination or completion shall so continue.
- No failure or delay by any party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
- you agree that we may disclose your information including assigned IP numbers, account history, account use, etc. to any judicial or proper legal authority who makes a written request without further consent or notification to you.
- Any communication to be served on either of the Parties by the other shall be delivered by hand or sent by first class post or recorded delivery or by fax or by e-mail.
It shall be deemed to have been delivered:
- if delivered by hand: on the day of delivery;
- if sent by post to the correct address: within 72 hours of posting;
- If sent by fax to the correct number: within 24 hours;
- If sent by e-mail to the address from which the receiving party has last sent e-mail: within 24 hours if no notice of non-receipt has been received by the sender.
- In the event of a dispute between the parties to this agreement, then they undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with the other in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- This agreement does not give any right to any third party under the contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise, except that any provision in this agreement which excludes or restricts the liability of our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies, may be enforced under that act.
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including any labour dispute between a party and its employees.
- In the event of any conflict between any term of this agreement and the provisions of the articles of a limited company or any comparable document intended to regulate any other corporate or collective body, then the terms of this agreement shall prevail.
- Each party shall bear its own legal costs and other costs and expenses arising in connection with the negotiation and drafting of this agreement.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and you agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in Scotland.